Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the ABA community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using myAmeriburn, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions for topics best suited to the medium, such as soliciting advice of peers, sharing experiences and participating in ongoing conversations.
Please take a moment to review these guidelines. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules. To report any concerns, contact ABA at email@example.com.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Send a message to an entire group or list only when it contains information for everyone’s benefit.
- Do not send administrative messages (such as "Unsubscribe me") or other customer service inquiries to the full group. Contact ABA at firstname.lastname@example.org or privately message a staff member for assistance.
- Discussions on the Site are meant to stimulate conversation and exchange of knowledge. Be courteous; let other users have their say and refrain from intimidating or attacking other users.
- Include a signature on all messages. Include your name and affiliation.
- Send messages such as "Thanks for the information" or "Me, too" to individual recipients, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- In the subject line, state concisely and clearly the topic of your comments. This allows users to respond more appropriately to your posting and to easily search archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete irrelevant header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Use of the Site by any member or vendor to sell, advertise, solicit or market any products or services is prohibited without express advance permission from the ABA. Do not upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, surveys, promotional materials or other such communications. Job posts, including fellowship advertisements, are also prohibited on myAmeriburn and should be posted using the ABA’s official Career Center or Fellowship Directory. Using the Site for promoting a product or service without permission may result in immediate loss of access to the Site.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ABA and users of the Site a nonexclusive license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material. Remember that all users have the right to reproduce postings through the Site.
- The site is not to be used to conduct any surveys, polls, or questionnaires. Do not post links or email this type of content to ABA members without the express approval of ABA.
- Any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Information posted on the Site is subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws. ABA reserves the right to reject any message or posting for any reason.
- Do not encourage or direct users to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are prohibited: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Do not harvest or collect e-mail addresses or other contact information of users from the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited e-mails or other unsolicited communications. Do not use software or other automated means to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Site.
- Do not upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any of the following: information that violates the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA); private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, Social Security numbers, credit card numbers or financial information; software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law; content that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site or that may expose ABA or other users to harm or liability of any type.
The Site is provided as a service of ABA. ABA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this Site. ABA does not actively monitor the Site for inappropriate postings and does not undertake editorial control of postings.
A. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND ABA DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGMENT. ABA FURTHER MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT AND DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY USER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE. ABA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF ANY CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATEVER RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE; (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. ABA DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED SITE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND ABA WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
B. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ABA OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO ANY USER FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY PROVISION OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ABA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
C. INDEMNITY. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS ABA, ITS SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, OBLIGATIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS OR DEBT, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEY’S FEES) ARISING FROM: (I) YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE SITE; (II) YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY TERM OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT; (III) YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, PROPERTY, OR PRIVACY RIGHT; OR (IV) ANY CLAIM THAT ONE OF YOUR COMMENTS CAUSED DAMAGE TO A THIRD PARTY. THE FOREGOING INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATION WILL SURVIVE THIS CODE OF CONDUCT AND YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
If you have questions regarding my.ameriburn.org, please contact us using the Contact Us link.